Dear Friends in Christ,
I am told we had a lovely service on Sunday. Between the harp prelude played by Kenna, the chance to call out the names of the saints who touched our lives during the sermon, and of course the service of Holy Communion. If you haven't come lately, you ought to. The people ARE the church, and you make it happen.
Thanks to those who filled out a time and talent worksheet so far. REALLy, it doesn't take much time. Here is a link to where you can do it online. Click Here. Or, if you prefer to download and fill it out by hand, click here.
- Today is the day! Vote!
- Today at noon the yoga group meets. Keep in mind that I will be coming from an 11 o'clock appointment at the hospital.
- Today, the Quilters show up for the afternoon/evening after yoga.
- Tonight, cheer on the Lady Rattlers at about 6:00PM at the Snake Pit as they take on Raton in the district tournament. This is the road to the State Finals. Come out and support our Kayla Cherry, an outstanding player. It costs $4.00 to get in, definitely worth your while!
- Tomorrow @ noon: Presbyterian Women have their Fall "business meeting" - please bring a little something to share for lunch. We will elect officers for next year, plan our Christmas party, and discuss our missions.
- Tomorrow night! Free movie night at 6:00PM in Fellowship Hall. The movie is "All the President's Men" starring Robert Redford, Dustin Hoffman and Jason Robards. Keep in mind that in 1976 it was rated R, but it was re-rated PG. The rating was due to a few choice words spoken by those crochety old-school newspaper editors. For more information, click here: All the President's Men The movie traces the process by with newspaper reporters Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein investigate the Watergate break-in, and eventually leads to the resignation of President Nixon. Winner of 4 Academy Awards. Share the flyer by clicking here: Flyer
- Friday, 2:00PM Amy leads the Chi Alpha Campus fellowship at Mesalands...
- If you missed the chance, send Oran Watson a happy belated birthday. His email is email@example.com
May God bless you and keep you this week. I look forward to seeing you around town!