Sorry I have been remiss in posting my weekly messages. They go out by email, but don't always make it to the web blog. To get added to the weekly email list, send a message to email@example.com.
Guess what? We have a lot of interesting stuff going on!
Our Deacons had a short meeting before worship this past Sunday, and they appointed their officers. Our new Moderator of the Deacons is Barbara Cherry, who has stepped into this role with a vision for the church. Barbara's email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Sunday is already February 1st, which means it is Holy Communion Sunday. We will also ordain and install Julie Sursa to the position to Elder and install the following new Elders and Deacons: Julie Sursa and Kenna McKenzie-Young (Elders) and Barbara Cherry, Robin Cherry and Dr. Jean Corey-Anderson (Deacons).
Permanent Accompanist Needed: Please think outside the box as to how we can find accompanist(s) for our Sunday worship. A couple of people have stepped forward to help, but aren't ready to commit permanently. This could be a new way to attract a new church member, even a young member to the fold. Piano players, organ players, guitar players. Free your imagination!
Brace yourselves, as they are predicting some more significant snowfall this Friday and Saturday. (link to Weather Underground) Let's make full use of the new "Grapevine" which was distributed a couple of weeks ago. If you need one, you can email email@example.com and ask her to email you a copy.
Let's make some memories in 2015...
A month has already come and gone. And 1 month ago we were wondering what happened to 2014! I have been busy looking at the 2015 calendar and seeking ways we can get together more for fellowship this year, outside of Sundays. If you would like to organize a church fellowship event, like a cookout or game night, please contact me, by calling 461-0291 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Medical Information! "Aging in Place"
THIS SATURDAY, January 31st - please come to a free talk at 10:00AM, to learn about getting around safely in the home. Of course, if the weather is bad, we will need to reschedule! This is good for caregivers, and for those who are bound to wheelchairs or walkers. Click here for the poster.
Domestic Violence Mission:
Good News! Regina Morris, who just completed her term on the Board of Deacons, has accepted the call to coordinate the Go! Bags for the Domestic Violence Program. I thank God that she is a good organizer. If you would like to donate or get involved in the planning, you can email here at email@example.com. Click here for a list of requested donations to this mission.
News from our College Kid:
I heard from our Jenna Morris last night. She sounds happy with classes and her dorm room. She wanted me to know she is doing well, and checked out First Presbyterian Church in Portales this week. Please continue to pray for her success and safety on her new adventure at college!
- Continue to lift up Mickey and her family. Mickey is presently on a lot of pain meds and oxygen to help her breathe. She has been made comfortable as best as possible. We feel sad but grateful to God for Mickey's many gifts and the joy she brings.
- Also Mildred, who is on hospice again. She is sick to her stomach much of the time, and aches all over. She appreciates a short visit and a prayer, but has been primarily bed-fast.
- Keep Kevin in your prayers as well, as he continues to heal He thanks everyone for your prayers and they seem to be working!
- Also, remember Junior, Teresa and Betty's brother, as he suffers so very many health problems. Also remember Troy, Teresa's husband, who has dizzy spells and trouble breathing.
- Hold in your prayers all those who are traveling this weekend.
There are so many more prayers on our prayer list. These are just some of the most recent ones.
- Yoga is today at noon, Quay-Z Quilters come soon after that, about 1:00
- Tomorrow and Friday at 9:00AM Exercise, Eat and Pray
- Wednesday afternoon, Pastor visitation
- Thursday Pastor has meetings in the community and visits members
- Friday and Saturday (weather permitting) Presbytery of Sierra Blanca meeting at Corona United Presbyterian Church in Corona (Pastor Amy and Betty Ragan are commissioners)
- Saturday 10:00AM Community Health Talk, Fellowship Hall (see attachment) "Aging in Place" by Marjorie G. McKenzie, with thanks to Linda Sims-Randals organizing
- Sunday - Holy Communion Sunday, ordination and installation of new church officers
We may be small, but we're living large in the Lord. Blessed by Him.
Have an excellent week, friends. I can't wait to see you around town. And when I do, it will be Instant Church!