A number of people, for whom 2014 has been especially difficult, have shared with me that it's hard to get "into the Christmas Spirit" so far. Maybe it's the warmer weather, or just the difficulties they have been facing this year.
I hope you are finally getting into the Christmas Spirit. We had such a beautiful evening at Center Street United Methodist sharing in the Christmas Cantata. And just to add to that spark of the Spirit, we witnessed a little bit of snow last night, but not enough to cause a lot of inconvenience. If you are traveling, or planning to travel for Christmas, I pray you have a safe and joyful journey.
Tomorrow night at 6:00PM we begin our worship. What a wonderful way to welcome new faces into our congregation. If you know someone you can invite to go, be sure and bring them. Our Deacons got together after potluck on Sunday and put together a "little something special" for you to take home after the Christmas Eve Service.
Hold in your prayers this week...
- Kevin Mueller who is now home recovering from his fall from the motel roof. He suffered some broken bones and spent an awful lot of time waiting in the ER in ABQ (from Wednesday-Saturday). Now Nancy I understand is sick.
- Wayne Huffman who continues to progress following his knee replacement about 14 days ago.
- For the Donachy (spelling???) Family in Sherman, Texas, friends of the Cherry Family, who recently suffered a violent tragedy in their home.
- For Calvin Southwood, a recent transplant here from Lamar, CO - whose truck recently was stolen. He lives with his wife and in-laws at 1402 S. 4th Street. They are extremely poor, and could use a little food.
- For Amber Varsallona, who still suffers from knee/leg pain and is trying to find out whether the doctors recommend surgery.
- For Larry Bell, brother of Marie Sims, who is suffering from cancer.
- For the flu bug going around, and through our congregation!
There are so many other prayers needed for ourselves and those close to us. In spite of the joy and happiness this season is meant to bring, it can be extra hard for some of us. Spread the Word of God's love with simple acts of kindness. Click here if you missed worship on Sunday.
May God be with you wherever you are this week!