Hope that you had a pleasant Labor Day weekend. I "labored" by doing some serious cleaning around the manse.
Today we resume our normal schedule.
- Yoga is at noon today
- M-W-F Exercise, Eat and Pray meets at 9:00AM
- Fitness Event @ Wailes Park! This Saturday, September 10th at 8:15AM in Wailes Park is another Quay County on the Move fitness event (please see attached flyer)
- Brown Bag Lunch and Learn: This Sunday, after church, bring a brown bag lunch for "Exploring Ordination Vows" - an introduction to what our Deacons, Elders and Pastors promise when we accept the call to become church officers. If you are just curious, would like to brush up on your ordination, or are contemplating leadership, then this is the place to be! It will be one hour.
Brace yourself for the weekend of September 17-18th will be a busy one!
Community Health Talk 10AM on healthy cooking on a budget
Presbyterian Women September meeting and luncheon at Noon (bring a dish to share). We will discuss our Rummage Sale plans and holiday plans
After worship is Church Family Dinner, followed by that truly exciting event of putting the tables away! Yes, the Rummage Sale is right around the corner...
Communion Sunday: This past Sunday of worship was Holy Communion. If you desired communion but were unable to get to church for it, please call me (708-0860) and I would be be glad to bring it to you.
Let's Get Fired Up! on September 24th
That's the weekend when Tucumcari gets Fired Up! And our church is involved in the fun:
- Kenna is running a drum-making booth for children at the fair and is calling for folks to work with her on it. It looks like a church outreach project. Please let her know if you'd like to help. Kenna's email is email@example.com.
- The Goldstons are also looking for about 6 folks to help out at the Grady Community Center, starting around 8:15AM. This is one of 6 stations where they are handing out refreshments to the bike riders in the Wheels on Fire 100 mile bike race. For more information on the race itself, you can visit https://www.bikereg.com/wheels-on-fire-100. You can reach Theresa Goldston at firstname.lastname@example.org. I believe she has 2-3 people to help but needs more.
So there is much happening, just as we would expect of a September. It's time for us to give the church a little push before settling into the Fall.
Love one another through prayer and fellowship
Congratulate Kayla, as her volleyball team took first place at the invitational tournament last weekend! They play here at home this Thursday, 9/8 against Logan, which should be a major competition. JV starts at 4:30, so Varsity probably starts about 5:30/6:00PM. It costs $5 to get in.
Hold Jessica Mueller in prayer, expecting a child
Keep praying for Tom Anderson, still feeling severe neuropathy after his chemo
And for Wayne, who has just completed treatment
Julie Sursa, suffering from pain
Children, families and teachers
Those recovering from flooding
Marie and her family
Robin, Kayla, Mike and their family
Those who grieve
This Sunday, you missed seeing yours truly wear a fake beard. The sermon was from the Apostle Paul's perspective on his (and all of our) calling to spread the word of forgiveness. Attached is that sermon. If you need a photo of me with a beard, you'll have to ask Wayne Huffman to send it to you. (I'm a little disturbed by the picture!)
May this day and every day you live be one celebrating forgiveness!