RE: Call to Meeting September 21, 2014 during Potluck
Dear Members and Friends:
You are called to a Congregational Meeting on Sunday, September 21st, during our Potluck Supper. This could be the most important congregational meeting we have all year. The purpose of this meeting is to ensure, with God’s help, that Christ’s church flourishes for years to come. We encourage everyone to come, even non-voting members.
The Elders (AKA, “Session”) request your presence, prayers and positive dialogue. As we gather at the table for supper, we will present a quick snapshot of the present state of the church. Then we crave your input, as we ask you just a few questions during the meal. Your answers will help us to discern the direction in which God calls us, and set us on a path for long-range planning.
Questions for your consideration:
1. Why do you choose to come to First Presbyterian Church (instead of somewhere else)?
2. What role does the church play in our lives/your life?
3. What are your expectations of the church?
4. What can the church do to improve your experience as a Christian?
5. What resources (human, financial, spiritual) do you suggest we use to fulfill your expectations?