We are entering the "homestretch" as we approach the Annual Congregational Meeting! I hope you are planning to attend. And just to make it a little more enjoyable and relaxed, we will be meeting over potluck luncheon. Please anticipate a longer-than-usual lunch, as we:
- receive the Annual Report
- nominate and elect 2 Elders and 2 Deacons
- approve Pastor Amy's 2016 Terms of Call
You will also have a chance to learn about the many ways there are for you to participate in this church's ministry.
There have been some pretty serious prayer requests coming our way in the last few days. Please take note, and lift these people up:
- Kay Hart and her family at the loss of her father, Ed Goodell, as well as prayers for Amber's aunt Frances Agnew, who seems to be nearing the end of her earthly life. They will be traveling southwest next week for the funeral, etc.
- Laura, Grand-Marge McKenzie's granddaughter recovering from injuries following car accident
- Reagan Kenyon - prayers of thanksgiving that she has completed her treatment regimen. This young lady has a gift for inspirational speaking. After a hiatus, she is back on Youtube with 2 new video logs. Here's one of them.
- Family and friends of Karl Lucero, who passed away in his sleep 2 nights ago. Karl was in his early 50s and was a best friend of Eric's since middle school. Karl leaves behind two college-aged sons. We don't know the cause of his death yet.
- Tom Anderson as he continues chemotherapy. They have stretched it from every two weeks to every three weeks. Please hold him and Jean in your prayers.
- Thanksgiving for Marj (the younger) McKenzie - she had a car accident on Sunday night with a crowd of cows. Fortunately she was barely hurt, even though her car is totaled. Please let her know you love her and are glad she's well!
- For Misty and her husband Clint and their three boys. Misty is Lynn Hudson's daughter-in-law and she is experiencing debilitating neurological problems that are going to require surgical implantations. Please pray for things to fall into place for this family as they await what's next.
- Becky Bryant, who is (I understand) on hospice and is at Quail Ridge. Her son Don visited our church this week. I believe she could do with some cheering up and a visit from any of you who know her. She is in Mildred Dohrer's old room at south end of the hall.
- Pray also for the new visitors who came Sunday: aforementioned Don Bryant, as well as new residents to our community, Tom, Carla and Morgan Miller. Pray that these people found a message from God among us.
- Families in our community who have lost a loved one. Our obituary page last week was FULL
- Dairy farmers and ranchers who have lost livestock in the blizzard.
Please remember all these people in your prayers. It is our honor to know of their needs and therefore, to pray for them.
What else is going on around our church?
Today is yoga at noon! Come out with your mat and a strap, and get ready for a little stretching and warming up after the holidays. I have some new DVDs too!
Your truly will be running around a lot - with two visits with people wishing to be new members! Pray for these people please, and for this church as we discern this season of change. God is good!
Tomorrow, Friday and Monday at 9:00AM Exercise Eat and Pray
Sunday - 10:30 coffee fellowship, church at 11 and potluck afterwards. And, again, don't forget about the Annual Meeting!
I will have office hours this Wednesday and Friday between 9 and 12/12:30, and plan to be out and about in the community today (Tuesday) and Thursday. I believe I might be on KTNM 1400 this evening as Coach Rivera's "color commentator" for Rattlers Basketball starting around 5:30 or so.
Make today sacred, holy, paying attention to God's handiwork.
Blessings and peace.